الثلاثاء، 27 سبتمبر 2016

Milestone : Age 12: An Assistant in Studies



Milestone
Positive and Negative Experiences that Shaped My Life


Age 12: An Assistant in Studies
Thanks to my ever-present mother who always helped me with my homework
when it was needed, I barely had any problems with managing school curriculum. My best friend Amel was not so lucky. Her parents were divorced and her working mother barely had any time to spare for any of her three children’s homework. The quality of compassion I had learnt with my little sister inspired me to help Amel do better at school, since she was quite a smart girl and could make a good student with some proper assistance. In a noble impulse, I took up guidance over Amel without realizing the responsibilities it placed on me.

The main difficulty of cooperating with Amel was to imagine that she was stupid and to explain every mathematic rule or task in literature to her as if she were a backstreet teenager. I had to find the right words to rephrase and lay out things that seemed so obvious to me but which Amel did not grasp at once. Sometimes the only thing that prevented me from yelling at her slowness was the fear of losing her as my friend. So I learnt incredible patience; in addition, discipline was a big issue. No wonder that at any moment two twelve-year-old girls start giggling and discussing topics that do not concern school subjects. Such digressions did not benefit our lessons, and therefore I had to learn the quality of control and discipline.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق