الأحد، 25 سبتمبر 2016

Milestone: Age 8: My Sister Is Born



Milestone
Positive and Negative Experiences that Shaped My Life




Age 8: My Sister Is Born
It all began when I was tired of playing with my Barbie dolls.
They never responded to anything I did with them, never objected or protested to experiments in dress and hairstyle that I mercilessly conducted on them. I wanted a challenge, something to manage and to overcome. The first best idea that occurred to me was getting a ‘live Barbie doll’, so I started asking my mother for a little sister. The ‘unpleasant’ surprise came when I realized that she was more than a live toy to me.


A little creature with her own vision of what, when, and how should be done, she turned all my dreams of a live Barbie doll to ashes by intruding in the ideal toy world I had invented for myself. From then on, all my playing experiences had to be shared – and so had mother’s love for us. Sharing had become the key quality that I had to learn once my little sister intruded our nursery: sharing our toys, our games, our mother, and our lives. In addition, I got to learn the then-nasty word of responsibility: since I was ‘older and wiser’, I had to be a good example for my little sister, teaching her all the good things I had learnt by that time and preventing her from wrongdoing. Caring and compassion entered the range of qualities I had to acquire in order to succeed in my relations with the new little member of our family.
 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق